Monday, June 17, 2013

10 Reasons I like to walk.

 


I have several things and walking is definitely one of them.  Here are 10 reasons I like walking:

10: Less gas to buy.  Sure Weston works for big oil, but there are enough people buying oil without our help!  (It's expensive up here in AK!)

9: No parking: parallel or otherwise, I like not having to park which brings me too...

8:  No finding lost parked car! Blame lack of sleep, or distracting kids, I can rarely walk strait to my car out of a store when I do drive.

7.  It lets me use my stroller.  My double stroller is really great, but it really shines outside.

6. It gets me outside! Basically, if I don't get outside, I go crazy.  Crazy Em = Bad Em

5. Its low impact.  While I throw in a run here and there, (and I'm trying to run more) walking is so low impact, I never have sore knees when I'm done.

4. I can wear whatever I already have on! Sandals, jeans, skirts, nice knits, button-ups, t-shirts.  It's comfy to walk in just about anything

3. The kids love it (most of the time) Especially if I throw in a trip to the park, which I often do.

2. Its low stress.  Actually De-stressing would be more like it, driving gets me all wound up--no bueno.

1. IT JUST FEELS GOOD.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to all of your reasons - #6 is my favorite because I have a hard time picturing you as Bad Em but it's fun to try. I love living in Provo right now so I can walk everywhere (school, library, work, church) and Matthew has to drive to work, internships, and school... Also, walking when it rains is kind of my favorite thing ever. Also, I love lists and I love that you started a blog!! Remember how we used to write letters with pictures to fill the empty space? So fun to read the "Em" voice again :)

    ReplyDelete