Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So Blessed!

Thank goodness for small, medium, and large blessings.  This one's huge!  We got an Apartment!

Let me explain what makes this so amazing.

I don't get online to look for apartments that often, it was still a little bit early to find them for mid august, which is when we want to start renting.  However, I decided to check, and I found a PERFECT unit just 2 hours after it was posted.  I hesitated to contact J (person selling their contract) because it was very early Monday morning in Utah, but I decided to risk a text. We had a viewing set up for Tuesday that Kristen was going to help me out with, but then J texted me that she was fitting someone in Monday and she knew I wanted it, and since I contacted her so fast she wanted to give me an opportunity to view it.  Liz happened to be available literally at last minute notice to go see it--and it looked great.  Another favorite tid-bit is that it is available the EXACT day we get into Utah, so no paying rent on days we wont need and no being homeless!

some of my favorite features:

First, it's super close to two of my best buds.  Kirst and Liz! (and Peter and Kristen when they get back from their internship :)

 

...they also double as awesome babysitters.


Second, it has a dishwasher, washer and a dryer!  

Third, we will be on the top floor of a duplex.  There are too many perks about this to list.

Fourth, it has a cooling system.  After enjoying the temperate summers in Anchorage, I can't take the heat!

Fifth, we have access to a pool and a hot tub.  Can't go wrong there!

We are so excited to spend our last 8-12 months in Utah here!



4 comments:

  1. Hooray! That is fantastic, Em! And I definitely need to come over and see your cute kids before I graduate in April and we move. Matthew and I would love to have you visit us too, but I'm a little ashamed of our tiny, shabby apartment after reading about this glorious one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruth! So I tried to respond to this before... several times... but apparently I can't use firefox with blogger. Anyway, we should definitely get together! We have lived in a wide variety of apartments, so don't be ashamed of yours :) Where are you moving once you graduate?

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! That apartment sounds AMAZING! I wish we were going to be here in August so we could all go swimming together!
    I'm so happy it worked out for you! We had an awesome ksl experience like that but with clothes! The other day Peter had a meeting in our family room so I was hiding in the back of our apt and checked ksl and there was the PERFECT set of 2T boy clothes for sale really cheap in Provo. It had been 11 hours since it was posted so I didn't have much hope but I decided to try just in case and WE GOT IT! Hooray for us both having good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great that you were able to get the boys clothes! I bet they are growing so fast now. Lily Anne eats like there is no tomorrow hehe. We're going to miss you guys this fall. Did you end up getting a place out there that will work pretty well?

      Delete